Dental lasers are sophisticated devices that use light energy to perform wide-ranging dental procedures. With laser, you experience far less pain – both during and after procedures – than with either the drill or scalpel. In fact, laser causes so little, if any, pain, that many patients opt for anesthesia-free treatment. And unlike the drill, laser does not emit whining noises that irritate and disconcert so many patients, both adults and children.
Laser offers a quick comfortable healing process. You experience far less pain, swelling and bleeding with laser procedures than with conventional methods. As laser destroys bacteria and viruses often found in the treatment area, infection is prevented. In most cases, this means no need for antibiotics and or return visits to your dentist.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Preserves healthy tooth structure
- Kills bacteria
- Reduces risk of infection
- Less pain, bleeding and swelling
- Reduces risk of recurrent caries
- Rapid healing
- Less pain
- No irritating drilling noise and vibrations
- Fewer injections needed
- No-contact treatment
- Less time in the dentist’s chair
- Treatment often doesn’t require needle
- Quicker procedures
- Greater precision
- Greater acceptance by children
Please complete our online dentist st kilda contact form.