What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin, custom-made moldings that cover the front of unsightly teeth. They are crafted from tooth-coloured, high-tech materials to deliver a natural, bright smile.
Should you consider Dental Veneers?
Veneers provide an alternative to traditional crowns. They cover unattractive gaps and can mask stained, misshaped or crooked teeth. If these conditions apply to your mouth, veneers may be the best option.
Porcelain Veneers can help to:
- Close spaces between the teeth.
- Restore broken or chipped teeth.
- Cover unsightly, stained or washed out fillings.
- Whiten permanently stained or discoloured teeth.
- Correct uneven or crooked teeth.
How long will Veneers last?
Veneers are intended to last for many years. Unlike most bonding Materials veneers will not change colour over time. You should consult with your dentist to find out exactly how long veneers will last in your mouth.
Advantages of Dental Veneers
- Tooth-like Appearance
Because veneers are individually sculpted for each patient, it is almost impossible to tell the difference between a veneer and a natural tooth.
Made of high-tech, extremely polishable materials, custom-made veneers resist stains from coffee, tea and cigarette smoke.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
- A minimal amount of the natural tooth must be altered to fit the veneer.
- Veneers can be matched to make even the darkest teeth appear to be bright white.
- Minor twists and overlaps, as well as small gaps, can be quickly corrected through the use of veneers.
Strength of Veneers
Veneers provide more strength when crushing an object than twisting or tearing. Therefore, just as with natural teeth, patients with veneers are advised to avoid opening nut shells, chewing on bones or any other matter that may cause the veneers to chip or crack.
Cosmetic Dentist Tip: If you are going to whiten your teeth, it is important to do it before you get dental veneers, so the new colour of the dental veneer can match the new colour of the teeth.
Please complete our online dentist st kilda contact form.