Discover how dental implants can restore your ability to have a replacement tooth function naturally again.
Dental implants are a valuable cosmetic treatment that can transform both the appearance of a smile, as well as bite and chew function which have been affected by tooth loss.
Working as an artificial tooth replacement, dental implants are ideal for people who:
- Have one or more teeth missing
- Are experiencing difficulty with dentures or partial dentures
- Feel unhappy with their dental bridge
There are many causes for loss of teeth, including poor oral hygiene habits and root canal failure. Other causes of tooth loss include gum disease, trauma to the mouth, and excessive wear and tear. Congenital defects can also lead to loss of teeth.
Whatever the reason, people who have lost teeth often feel too self-conscious to smile or talk. Impacts on bite and chew function can negatively affect eating habits, which can even lead to secondary health problems such as malnutrition. Regardless of the nature of problems related to tooth loss, dental implants may provide an effective treatment with proven results that endure.
The team at Dental Art truly understand the impacts confidence and enjoyment of simple things like eating, which most people take for granted. With an uncompromising commitment to seeing our patients thrive, we’re focused on helping our patients regain their confidence through dental implant treatment.
Would you like some more information?
What happens in a dental implant procedure?
Without understanding, the dental implant procedure may seem a little daunting, however, we strive to keep the process as manageable as possible.
The dental implant procedure is a form of prosthetic (artificial replacement) dentistry, although it can also be considered a form of cosmetic dentistry. As part of our treatment process, we would explore all restorative treatment options for your missing teeth. However our experience indicates dental implants have proven to be functionally effective and durable.
In many cases, dental implants may be the only logical choice for the restoration of all necessary functionality of the teeth and supporting structures.
What are the benefits of implant dentistry
There are many practical benefits from investing in dental implants for missing teeth.
- In general, dental implants are stronger and more durable than other restorative treatment options (bridges and dentures)
- They are an enduring solution to tooth loss, particularly with advances in guided implant technology , which allow for greater accuracy with planning and placement.
- Implants may be used in conjunction with other restorative procedures (for example, crowns) for maximum effectiveness.
- As a support to a dental bridge for the replacement of multiple missing teeth, dental implants can be also used with dentures to increase stability and reduce gum tissue irritation.
If you’re ready to smile with confidence and enjoy the simple pleasures of life more fully, start by talking to your Dental Art dentist today. We’re here to help.
DentalArt St Kilda- Dental Implants