We love kids dental
As a Melbourne dentist that has a deep affinity with children’s dental, we understand what it takes to provide every member of your family with quality care. Not only does it require a time and financial investment, it also demands diligence at home, ensuring children and teens are taking on the responsibility for effective brushing and flossing. This is no small task, but it is achievable with the right support. And it’s where Dental Art can help.
Did you know Dr Roman loved the dentist as a child?
As a child, principal dentist at Dental Art, Dr Roman Pinkus took inspiration from his own dentist! He was fascinated by the experience and took on board everything his dentist said. And we believe him! Now as a Melbourne dentist himself with a focus on family and kid’s dental, Dr Roman has brought together a team who loves working with children. Our professional team will guide you and your child through the three main stages of dental development. We’ll also provide advice on teething, oral hygiene, and preventive measures such as diet and fluoride supplements.
Ready to join a dental family that cares about your kids as much as you?
Let’s book your family’s dental appointments.
Need help with your kids at the dentist?
The Dental Art team is here to support you.
We’re often asked by parents how to help their children embrace their dental experience. If your child is anxious or concerned about a visit to the dentist, here’s how you can help:
- Find a dentist who appreciates children and has the right attitude. A good indicator is whether they are funny and can communicate with your child in language they can understand.
- Familiarise your child with an introductory session at the dentist. That way they can get to know their dentist and oral hygiene therapist, as well as become familiar with the treatment room and facilities.
- Avoid sharing past negative experiences in the presence of young children using language like ‘fear’, ‘pain’, ‘injection’ prior to their first dental visit.
- Avoid promising gifts or treats for attending appointments as this sets up an expectation they’ll be rewarded.
- Keep up regular dental visits for oral hygiene cleans. Vitally important for preventing the accumulation of tooth and gum damage, it also helps build confidence and diminish any anxieties or fears
Looking for a caring and gentle dentist to work with your children? Let Dental Art support you and your family on a journey to their best oral health.