Experience pain free dentistry and exceptional care
Advances in dental technology have made a tangible difference to the experience of receiving dental treatment. In many ways, dental technology has transformed treatments that were previously considered unpleasant and painful to become more manageable, both during the actual treatment, and in the healing process.
As a dental practice committed to exceptional care, the Dental Art team has continued to embrace developments in dental technology. Our investments in technology are always based on the degree to which our patients’ experience will be enhanced. When you visit us, you can expect to benefit from one or a number of the following dental technologies.
I’m ready for an enjoyable dental experience
Intraoral scanners are a 3D digital technology that has transformed the experience patients have when visiting the dentist. Instead of needing to fill your mouth with gluey materials, we can take a virtual impression using digital intraoral scanning technology. Not only is it more comfortable for patients with sensitive gag reflexes, it means we provide a better quality experience for all patients
How do intraoral scanners work?
Working like a dental digital impression, an intraoral scanner provides greater accuracy during restorative dental treatments. If you’re prescribed a new dental crown or bridge, we need an impression of your prepared tooth so a custom fitted restoration can be prepared. In the past, a mould was created and then used to shape the dental crown or bridge. While accurate in the majority of cases, there is always the potential for materials to warp, crack, or even alter in shape. This is where a digital alternative provides a superior result.
Materials aren’t warped during transfer, and the risk of human error is eliminated. The result? An accurately fitting dental crown or bridge that fits the very first time. An additional benefit is most restorations can be machine milled from a solid block of resin, eliminating visible metal lines along your gums, creating a more visually aesthetic result.
Intraoral scans are ideal for dental implants and Invisalign too
Intraoral scanners also have applications for the dental implant restoration process and orthodontic treatment.
For orthodontic therapy, we use the intraoral scanner to create 3D digital images which are electronically transported to the Invisalign laboratory where the clear aligners are made.
There are many benefits to be gained from producing a 3D digital replica of your teeth for Invisalign treatment. Here are just a few:
- Provides an insight to your “after” smile after the alignment process, before you ever start wearing your aligners
- Allows for greater accuracy and comfort during treatment through computerised tooth movement
- Eliminates fixed brackets and enjoy customised removable, moulded alignment trays
- Prevents the need for frequent adjustments or longer appointments via digital manipulation of models
- Faster collaboration between Dental Art and Invisalign so that you can start treatment sooner
Whether you have one or more teeth missing, the comfort and convenience of a virtual impression makes your experience one that’s efficient and predictable, and requiring less down time.
Laser dentistry or soft tissue laser technology is helping improve patients’ experience of their dental treatment.
A sophisticated device that uses light energy, it has applications in numerous dental procedures. You can expect far far less pain than with a drill or scalpel, both during and after procedures. In fact, laser causes so little, pain, that it makes treatment without anaesthesia possible. Patients are also spared the unpleasant dental drill noises, which can be disconcerting and irritating.
Using laser dentistry in treatment offers a quick and comfortable healing process too. Our patients commonly find they experience far less pain, swelling and bleeding with laser procedures compared with conventional methods. An additional benefit is that laser destroys bacteria and viruses often found in the treatment area, preventing infection. In most cases, the need for antibiotics and or return visits is eliminated.
Here are some other benefits our patients enjoy through laser dentistry:
- Greater precision in procedures and improved preservation of healthy tooth structure
- Kills bacteria and reduces the risk of infection
- Rapid healing and less pain, bleeding and swelling
- Reduces the risk of recurrent caries
- No-contact treatment with no irritating drilling noise and vibrations
- Fewer injections needed as treatment often doesn’t require a needle
- Procedures completed more quickly meaning less time in the dentist’s chair
- Helpful in gaining treatment acceptance from patients, including children, who are fearful of the dentist.
Curious and want to know more? We can help. The Dental Art team of dentists and oral health therapists can explain how laser dentistry can enhance your experience. With your comfort and confidence in mind, our approach ensures you’re ready dental treatment with a difference.